Are wireless smart homes in Sandy Springs a good idea?
In the not-so-distant past, home security systems were limited to wired equipment connected through a long installation. Those days are gone. Wireless innovation has transformed the market and introduced a multitude of opportunities for homeowners.
Are you trying to determine if a wireless smart home in Sandy Springs is a good option for you? Explore what you should know about going wireless.
What you ought to know before switching to wireless
The core of any wireless system is a secure internet connection. Dependable, speedy internet and a compatible wireless router are the two principal components you’ll need. If you haven’t replaced your router in quite some time, consider doing it now to capitalize on the latest performance improvements.
If you live in a location without dependable fast internet or cell coverage, you could be better suited with a wired connection. And, it may be wise financially to remain with a current configuration if you move to a residence already wired for security.
Internet and power outages can take place regardless of where you live. With this in mind, search for security systems with cellular and battery backups to stay connected.
What are the perks of a wireless smart home in Sandy Springs?
Defending your property against common dangers like theft and fire is the primary goal of any home security system. You can achieve this with wired and wireless systems, but if you want to utilize the newest advancements, a wireless smart home is your best option. When you install a wireless system, you can benefit from the following:
● Remote access: Would you enjoy being able to secure your doors or watch live clips from your phone? A wireless smart home gives you a measure of access you’ve never experienced previously. You can check or adjust any integrated components remotely, such as your smart thermostat or lighting.
● Instant alerts: You can not only access your system, but it may also access you. If one of your sensors is tripped, an update will be dispatched instantly to your smartphone app. You’ll always be alerted when there’s a security event, regardless of where you are.
● Flexibility and scalability: Dissimilar to wired components, you can install wireless ones just about anywhere. Would you like to have a video camera on your shelf or in your child’s room? No sweat! It’s also simple to add or remove devices from your wireless smart home.
Possible shortcomings of wireless systems
Even though wireless smart homes in Sandy Springs have proven dependable and beneficial, there are some potential drawbacks. You should consider the following:
● You may have to switch out batteries. If you have battery-powered devices, there’s always the potential for a disruption when the battery dies. However, smart elements will let you know when battery life is low and tend to last for years without requiring a fresh battery.
● Device placement. There might be limitations on how far you can place wireless components away from the central command hub. This isn’t likely to be a concern in most homes, but you need to ask about the restrictions prior to installing.
● Risk of online hacking. In a similar fashion as any other computer network, the potential of hacking is there. But you can greatly lower this risk by using secure passwords, always updating default settings, and selecting routers with integrated security.
Customize your Vivint wireless smart home in Sandy Springs today!
Take advantage of everything a wireless smart home can offer by designing your own with a Vivint representative today. You’ll enjoy being able to access and control your Sandy Springs security system from anywhere. Contact (470) 466-8688 to take the first step toward a more secure and versatile home.