Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Sandy Springs smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in full command of your Sandy Springs home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it will help you and find recommendations to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Sandy Springs help you?
Wirelessly linking to sensors and other implements via radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you may even talk to someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and cellular functionality for added reliability. It also offers convenient remote operability through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Review current or recorded video streams from your linked cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Sandy Springs by setting schedules or initiating preferences. For example, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your entrances unlock when the smoke alarm trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just adhere to these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will be in the home and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and all sensors in the home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
The Smart Hub will show a message if the system isn’t ready to arm. For example, an open window will prompt you to act. Note that you may still arm your home’s security by following the steps above. You will then confirm you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Sandy Springs
Even though many users can be set up when your system is installed, you may want to add or remove a user in the future. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote functionality, tap phone or email and enter the details to dispatch an request.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, navigate to the menu, press users, choose the user you want to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Sandy Springs security system. Contact (470) 466-8688 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.