Daily deliveries have become routine for many people due to the shift to online shopping. You love the ease of having packages left at your door, but there is a downside. Those packages sitting in plain sight are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy is a serious problem, but you have the chance to do something about it by installing a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These components are effective tools to deter opportunistic thieves, but they do a lot more.
Take a second to find out how they work and why they’re sure to come to be an essential facet of your smart home.
Perks of a Sandy Springs video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you a range of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to progress. You are now able to customize detection zones, communicate with whoever’s in front of your door, and obtain real-time notifications whenever something arrives.
The best way to understand how a Sandy Springs video doorbell camera works is to look at the various benefits it gives you. Take a look at the following features:
- Active theft deterrent: You can’t get this on all models, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that are proactive in deterring burglary with signals that can be heard and seen. This is a fantastic way to let prowlers know somebody is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You deserve to see the total picture, and that includes the faces of people at your door and boxes on the surface below. Cameras with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision provide a total perspective.
- Vivid footage at any hour: If you don’t have pictures and video you can see clearly, what’s the use of using a doorbell camera? The best models will include amazing high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package arrives? You can enjoy instant notifications from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between individuals and boxes.
- Speak with the person at your door: Is someone lingering at your main entry? Reciprocal audio lets you ask what they want. You could even utilize this handy feature to scare off people lurking around your porch.
- Avoid false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even allow you to customize detection zones. Clearly defining the viewing area will help you reduce false alarms triggered by pets or pedestrians.
- Instant access to video: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the option to view live and archived video right from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you may engage with them directly from your mobile device, no matter where you are. They’ll alert you when someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s happening, and even permit you to talk with whoever’s at your door. These devices have become must-haves in terms of safety and convenience.