What should you do if your Sandy Springs home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your residence – and your family – against the many risks you may experience, like burglary, flooding, and fire. Even though your home may be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Sandy Springs home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is likely to be shocking, disorienting, and might cause panic. Your best bet is to stay level-headed and follow these simple guidelines.
Steps to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Sandy Springs Goes Off
Nobody wants to be in this predicament, but it’s also why you ordered a home alarm system from the outset. You’re roused in the middle of the night with the telltale blasting of an alarm after a security sensor has been activated. What is your next move?
- Stay calm. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your pulse is beating rapidly. But keeping a cool head is the most effective way to assess what’s going on. Avoid the impulse of trying to deal with the emergency yourself instead permit your monitoring staff and first responders to carry out their job.
- Protect your loved ones. Your main focus should be your loved ones and moving them out of harm’s way. In the event of a burglary, this might include proceeding to a designated secure area as far from points of entry as possible. The trespasser was likely already scared off by the alarm, but it’s always wise to be extra cautious. If there’s smoke or a blaze, you need to vacate your home without delay.
- Remember your smartphone. Most homeowners keep their smartphones with them at all times these days, but you could fail to grab it during a crisis. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll be able to stay connected with your monitoring experts and obtain updates through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24-hour Monitoring Team
Any time your home alarm system in Sandy Springs goes off, your 24/7 monitoring experts will act immediately. The first move is to confirm your alarm, and that involves communicating with you. The procedure they follow depends on the type of emergency. For example, if the emergency is of a medical nature, one effort will be made to reach you before first responders are sent out. In the event of a burglary alarm - the most common type of alarm - a monitoring specialist will follow these steps to reach out to you:
- An effort will be made to contact you through the central command panel. You will typically be required to supply a passcode.
- If that doesn’t result in a response, a call is made to your main contact number.
- An alternate number or your first contact person is attempted next.
- If there is still no answer, local law enforcement officers are sent.
- Your monitoring specialists will follow up with you again once the proper authorities are notified.
If you're not in a position to converse with monitoring agents, don’t fret. Support will still be sent even if you're not available to substantiate the emergency.
Prepare for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Sandy Springs
Stay ready for any situation with a modern home alarm system in Sandy Springs from Vivint. Call (470) 466-8688 to begin designing your home’s defense today.